miércoles, 4 de agosto de 2010

The Theory of the Many Worlds

lloyd “Have you heard of the Many Worlds interpretation? It was coined by a physicist called Hugh Everett in the ’50s. Basically, the idea is that anything that could have happened in our past actually did happen in some other universe. All the alternate decisions, choices you made are playing themselves out in another world. If you buy the theory, I suppose, in some other universe, you did go to Harvard and we did meet. Of course, that’s not the world we live in”

Lloyd Simcoe. FlashForward. Season 1. Chapter 10

 

I spend most of my time watching TV or sleeping. Ever since my dreams started to be boring I’ve been creating a peculiar preference on TV series and everytime I hear deep lines I always write them on my notebook. Of course it’s not an interesting lifestyle, to be honest my life isn’t worth to tell at all but quotes always help me to make it trough the day.

This one reminds me how much I hate fate and how much I believe there’s no such thing as free will. My life is full of sad stories and bad decisions, choices that always make me feel worthless, insignificant. Doing nothing but watching life and time pass trough my older eyes is the best I can do and the only thing that I wish I had to.

I watched this chapter and my mind started wandering. What if I actually buy this theory? Sincerely, Everett’s theory is way much believable than the theory of Schrödinger’s cat. Not that anyone cares, I’m not physicist and hell I don’t understand quantum physics, but I almost decided to become one..

Yikes! Wouldn’t it be amazing to be the female version of Simon Campos aka Dominic Monaghan ?? (yeah, another FF character) Wouldn’t it be pontificating to be such a hard determinist who always uses intellectual arguments to defend its bloody behavior ??

The only thing I know for sure is that I’m trying to figure out this life when anything makes sense anymore. Ironic.. and true.

I’m pretty damn sure that all the choices I had and did not become a part in my life are playing themselves out in another world, a world in which I actually know what the hell I am suppose to be and I’m not crying for not knowing which poison I should pick.

But that’s not the world I live in.. and I don’t want to spend another day wondering what might have been. Unless of course, one of those worlds actually become real.

 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario